The Italian Board of Airline Representatives – IBAR – is the Association currently representing more than 50 Airlines operating in Italy .
The Association was established in the early 1960’s , following a recommendation by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) , and was formally incorporated in 1986.
Our main activities in brief :
- We protect the Airlines’ community interests through constant liaison with legislative bodies, local authorities and airport operators.
- We are a well-known industry watchdog in favour of free markets, transparent regulation and level playing fields.
- We participate actively in the yearly consultations for the definition of airport charges at several Italian Airports
- We cooperate closely with the other Air Transport Associations and keep close contact with the Board of Airlines Representatives of other Countries.
- We monitor legislative processes, both at EU and national level, and provide our members with regular updates as well as with English translations of Laws, Directives and Ordinances.
- We keep our Members informed with weekly industry-specific press summaries, quarterly newsletters and traffic reports.
- We adhere strictly to anti-trust legislation and do not involve ourselves in any debate or communication on commercial matters or policies concerning pricing, agency remunerations or competition between members.